Virginia Attorneys Handling Sexual Assault Defense
Sex crime charges or accusations can throw your life into a tailspin. There is no time to waste if you have heard rumors, suspect you may be considered guilty of a crime, or have been arrested on suspicion of a sex offense.
At Randall, Page & Bruch, P.C., we are standing by to help if you need a Virginia sexual assault defense attorney. We regularly help clients in the Southampton, Emporia, Brunswick and Suffolk areas stand up for their rights and protect their futures after being charged with sex crimes. We believe in the constitutional rights of all our criminal defense clients, including the presumption of innocence.
What Is Sexual Assault In Virginia?
Sexual assault definitions in Virginia statutes include the following:
- Sexual abuse of minors
- Indecent liberties with children
- Aggravated sexual battery; sexual battery
- Statutory rape
- Crimes involving digital images of minors
- Prostitution and solicitation of prostitutes
If you are accused of any such actions, you may be:
- Charged with a crime
- Convicted of a crime
- Required to have your name in a sex offender registry for years
- Sued by the alleged victim(s) in a civil case
Your legal status and the negative consequences of your case may also be affected by your relationship with the accuser. If you are a teacher, counselor, health care provider, religious worker or family member, you need aggressive as well as sensitive defense. If our sex crimes defense attorneys work on your case, we will take all possible actions to protect your reputation, keep your name out of the news and otherwise safeguard your rights.
We may find evidence that your accuser’s credibility cannot be trusted. This is one example of a defense strategy that may turn your case around in your favor.
Get Your Defense Started Right Away
If you or somebody you love has been accused of sexual assault, speak to an attorney about your case today. At Randall, Page & Bruch, P.C., our qualified and experienced team understands the great risks associated with sexual assault accusations, charges and convictions. We will work hard to:
- Protect your reputation
- Protect your constitutional rights
- Pursue the most promising legal pathways ahead, such as a plea bargain and probation, if appropriate
- Help you avoid a criminal record, if possible
- Help you keep your name off a sex offender registry, if possible
- Defend you in any possible civil claims against you, as well as your criminal case
When you need a Virginia sexual assault defense attorney, you can turn to us for a free consultation of your case or call 757-742-6115. From our offices in Southampton, Emporia, Brunswick and Suffolk, we are well-prepared to assist you.