Virginia Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycling is a wonderful way to get from point A to point B. Whether a person is an avid recreational cyclist or uses their bicycle as their main method of transportation, they should never have to worry about being harmed due to the negligence of another driver. At Randall, Page & Bruch, P.C., we are here to help when you need a Virginia bicycle accident lawyer. Let our dedicated team investigate your claim so that we can work to secure full compensation for your losses. Our team is ready to assist injured cyclists throughout Southampton, Emporia, Brunswick and Suffolk.
Types Of Injuries Caused By Bicycle Accidents
Bicyclists do not have much protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into them. At Randall, Page & Bruch, P.C., our knowledgeable and experienced Virginia bicycle accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken bones or dislocations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other neck or back injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Most Common Causes Of Virginia Bicycle Accidents
At Randall, Page & Bruch, P.C., our Virginia bicycle accident lawyers regularly discover that these incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of other drivers. Unfortunately, vehicle drivers often fail to operate around bicyclists on the road safely. In most situations, Virginia law states that bicyclists are to be considered vehicles, just like any other vehicle. This means that they have full rights and privileges to be on the roadway and that they must also abide by traffic laws and regulations.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents in Virginia include:
- Drivers following bicyclists too closely
- Drivers passing bicyclists recklessly
- Drivers operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Drivers operating while distracted by phones or other devices
- Drivers failing to yield the right of way to a bicyclist
How Will A Virginia Bicycle Accident Lawyer Help Your Case?
Many bicycle accident victims in Virginia think that they can handle their injury cases by themselves but quickly become overwhelmed. Bicycle accident cases can become incredibly complicated, particularly when dealing with insurance carriers and other drivers. A skilled bicycle accident lawyer will be able to handle every aspect of your case. They will have the resources to:
- Obtain and preserve any evidence needed to prove liability, which can include the damaged bicycle, video and photo surveillance from the scene, statements from eyewitnesses, police reports and more
- Work with trusted medical professionals to fully evaluate the injured bicyclist and to treat their injuries
- Enlist assistance from economic and financial experts to help calculate a bicyclist’s total losses
- Negotiate with every party involved to obtain a fair settlement on behalf of their client
- Prepare to go to trail if necessary
How Much Does A Virginia Bicycle Accident Attorney Cost?
At Randall, Page & Bruch, P.C., our Virginia bicycle accident lawyers take these cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not charge you upfront or out-of-pocket costs. You will only pay legal fees after we obtain full compensation for your losses. If we do not win, you do not pay.
How Long Do You Have To File A Virginia Bicycle Accident Lawsuit?
Bicycle accident injury victims need to be aware that there is a time limit in place to file a lawsuit to recover compensation. The Virginia personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date the accident occurred.
This gives you a two-year window for filing a lawsuit to recover your losses in Virginia. Failing to file a lawsuit within this time frame will result in you being unable to recover the compensation you need.
Our Virginia Bike Accident Lawyers Are Here
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of another driver, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Randall, Page & Bruch, P.C., we pledge to conduct a thorough investigation into your accident so we can secure the following compensation on your behalf:
- Your medical expenses related to the bicycle crash
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent driver
When you need a bicycle accident attorney in Virginia, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 757-742-6115. We proudly serve clients throughout Western Tidewater and the Southside.