Turn To An Experienced Virginia Personal Injury Attorney After A Truck Accident
Tractor-trailer accidents often cause serious injuries to drivers and passengers in smaller vehicles, such as passenger cars. Those involved in heavy truck crashes have to deal with not only immediate medical emergencies but also the possibility of tremendous long-term care and expenses.
At Randall & Bruch, PC, we are here to help when you need a Virginia tractor-trailer accident attorney. We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into these claims to secure the compensation you need.
How Do Tractor-Trailer Accidents Happen In Our Area?
Large commercial vehicles, such as tractor trailers, operate regularly in and around Southampton, Emporia, Brunswick and Suffolk. In Emporia, Interstate 95 and Route 58 come together, leading to a significant increase in commercial truck activity in the region. The large size disparity between semi trucks and cars can lead to catastrophic injuries.
At Randall & Bruch, PC, our Virginia truck accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following bodily injuries in these incidents:
- Spinal cord trauma with possible paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Amputation or crush injuries
- Severe lacerations
What Are Common Causes Of Truck Accidents?
Liability for big-rig crashes often falls on a truck driver or trucking company. When we investigate truck accidents on behalf of our clients, we often discover causes such as the following:
- Poor training: Truck drivers must be properly licensed and trained to operate these large vehicles. Trucking companies must also ensure that every driver is properly trained and that the drivers follow all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Human error: If a truck driver fails to follow traffic laws, operates their vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs or drives while fatigued or distracted, serious crashes can occur.
- Load imbalances: Sometimes personnel at loading docks overload trucks, fail to secure the cargo properly or load cargo in an imbalanced way, increasing the likelihood that a trailer will tip as it goes around corners or sway out of its lane in high winds.
- Poor maintenance and inspections: It is up to trucking companies to ensure that every vehicle is inspected and maintained regularly in order to prevent vehicle failure while the truck is on the roadway.
Our Virginia Truck Accident Lawyers Are Here To Help
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident caused by the negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, contact an attorney immediately. At Randall & Bruch, PC, our personal injury attorneys pledge to investigate every aspect of your claim. This can include:
- Coverage of all crash-related medical bills
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent truck driver or trucking company
When you need a tractor-trailer accident attorney in Virginia, you can request a free consultation of your case through our online form or call 757-742-6115. We stand ready to help truck accident victims in and around Southampton, Emporia, Brunswick and Suffolk.