Trusted & experienced
civil & criminal attorney at law
J. Daniel Vinson entered the practice of law to provide a positive impact in people’s lives. As a local Western Tidewater resident, Daniel graduated in 2005 from Southampton Academy. In 2009, he received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History from the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Georgia, as well as a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Finance from the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. After attending the University of Georgia School of Law, he came back home to protect the rights of the people of Western Tidewater.
Daniel provides services in areas of law that, due to their complexity, typically cannot be resolved without the aid of an advocate. He has tried several criminal and complex civil cases before juries in Southampton County. Daniel also has helped form numerous businesses and walk them through several areas of business and contract litigation.
Daniel is a member of the Bar Associations for Southampton County and Emporia. Daniel makes himself available to his clients during nights and weekends by cell phone and regularly checks and responds to his emails. Clients can expect accessibility and responsiveness regarding their cases. If you have a new case, call or email Daniel for a free consultation.
- 6th Circuit Representative, Virginia State Bar Council (2018 - present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar's Board of Governors for the Criminal Law Section (2017 - present)
- Board Secretary (2019 - present)
- Member, Board of Directors for the Virginia Legal Aid Society (2016 - present)
- Member, Budget and Personnel Committee
- Member, Program Development Committee
- Founding Member, Board of Directors of the Christopher D. Ray Memorial Foundation (2012 - present)